1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Hi
    Does any one know where i can get the 800RS 3 colour blue side stripes (decals) from. I have been trying to search the German and Hungarian sites but i have had no success. I was possibly thinking of painting the strips, if there are none available.

Andy.
    kev the builder likes this.
  2. 1983JZR3W

1983JZR3W Puttering Along

If you can't find any originals, I would go to a shop that wraps cars in vinyl colors. They should be able to make up a set of stripes for you for a reasonable cost if you have a photo to work from.
    Andrewwoey likes this.
  3. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Yes a sign makers should be able to do a set. I thought i would have a search around first as there seems to be many cars that have been built that use the same stripes. Most of these seem to be on mainland Europe.

Andy.
  4. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

I have decals now. Found a place in Germany that made them.

Andy.
  5. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Hi Andy,

As you can see from my pic. on left,.....I have them on my 800RS.
    I got them made locslly, by a graphics co. in Somerset.
    Putting them on as individual vinyl strips is very complicated,...especially around the front wings/indicators, etc...believe you me!

Any really good signwriting/grphic co should hopefully be able to help you.

Regrds,

Ian.
    Andrewwoey likes this.
  6. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Hello Ian

I have already got some graphics from Germany. It will be a long time before i get around to painting the car and fitting the graphics. Yes i have thought many times about the fitting procedure, as each coloured strip is a separate section. Ive even thought about the possibility of painting the stripes on, now that i have graphics to colour match to.

Andy.
  7. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Andy,

Out of interest,...DO YOU STILL HAVE the contact details for the German co. that you got yours from? If you do,...could you send me a link, via the forum, when replying?..

Need a couple of "ISOLATOR spark plug" decals for my front wings, of a specific design,...so thought that they might be able to help me, perhaps?

Many thanks.

Ian.
  8. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

9. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Many thanks Andy.

Just wanted to see how they might have done it.

Already got mine sorted and fitted, with alot of hard work and expense....but well worth it!

Regards,

Ian.
  10. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Hope they can sort the ISOLATOR decal out. I never thought about it when i made my order.

Andy.
  11. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

NO ONE SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO GET A CLEAR COPY OF THE ORIGINAL DECAL,...INCL. ME!!

It's unique, for that period, as it has a "blurred image" behind the plug outline of sports/racing cars,...giving the "impression of speed/performance"!

Oh well,...it's not the end of the world, if I cn't find one to use as a datum.

Regards.

Ian.
  12. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

I plan to go out to the museum, but sadly not this year. I will get plenty of pictures of the car when there.

Andy.