1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please email justin@trabantforums.com
  1. Robert tamas

Robert tamas Puttering Along

2. BillB

BillB Loyal Comrade Administrator Moderator

Robert,
    Thanks for the find and posting.
    If anyone is interested, I'm in the general area and would be more than willing to go check out the Barkus in person.
    I've sent a note to the owner to find out more details.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  3. BillB

Got a note back, the Barkus has a UK title.
  4. Tim S

Tim S Just Slow, Not Stalin Forum Donor

UK title, how would one go about getting a US title?

I would love to have one of these but this one does look rough and I have my hands full with my Trabi! :p
  5. BillB

Looks like it could be a fire department van

00z0z_lsjOA8GCgnw_600x450.jpg 27544663_730877757115572_7841654449926626271_n.jpg
  6. Tim S

Grill is mounted upside down! :)
  7. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Wow too bad it's such a rust-box.
  8. Tim S

I emailed the guy. We'll see what comes of it...

I couldn't find much additional info other than what Bill already posted.

My questions, besides it showing rust issues, is how to title and register a vehicle here in the US that has a UK title. Sounds scary but I will have to research for future info.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  9. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

It's so rotten looking you wonder why they paid money to ship it to America from the UK
    Wartburg353W likes this.
  10. Wartburg353W

Shouldn't be a problem, all the info will be in English! Specific requirements will be up to your state.
    I was wondering the same thing after I looked at all the photos!
    I emailed the seller and he claims even though it has UK papers that it was imported from Germany . . .
  11. BillB

Yeah, I've already decided that if someone wants me to go check it out, I'll have to go get a tetanus booster first!
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  12. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Loyal Comrade

It was probably in nice shape when it got here, and was subsequently neglected. Or...it was a basket case that somebody imported cheap in a container with other cars, in hope of restoring it. And gave up, for whatever reason. Real life gets in the way a lot. Either way, it will be a challenge to anybody that gets it. $10k in rust work, welding, and paint alone, unless you can do it yourself.
  13. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Loyal Comrade

If the title is valid and there is legit customs/EPA paperwork, it should be no problem to get this vehicle registered. Sounds like the least of the problems with this vehicle.
  14. Wartburg353W

The listing doesn't show up anymore . . .
  15. BillB

It's back up. He dropped the price down to $3,200.00