1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please email justin@trabantforums.com
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Jaysho

Jaysho Newbie

How many were made? What year where they produced? Did it differ in build quality? Was it a random color you got? (Not on color charts)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  2. EasternBloc

EasternBloc Interkosmos Trabinaut Forum Donor

Possibly the one in the first photo was the millionth Trabi made? Front plate says, "1000000." Is that last one from a junkyard scene in one of the "Go Trabi Go" films? I remember the main car being blue.
  3. Jaysho

Jaysho Newbie

Yeah it's from Go Trabi Go. That's when he goes to get a bumper replacement. There's also an other scene in the movie where a couple reminisces when they had a Trabant, and mentions it was red - named Otto (IIRC)
  4. EasternBloc

EasternBloc Interkosmos Trabinaut Forum Donor

I remember the scene:

Ein Auto ohne Stoßstange ist wie ein Mensch ohne Nase!

Always make me think of my rattling front bumper as a twitching mustache!