1. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

That tank I initially bought for my Citroen 2CV, I decided to mount it on my Trabant instead. Even though the washer motor is not connected, the hand pump still pulls through it. I still need to take the hand pump apart and lube it to see if it works better.

I know others have installed these tanks on their Trabants, does this tank look crooked? It seems the bracket maybe bent?

Notice the white funk between my battery bracket and down the side. Hole rubbed in top of battery and acid reacting with the aluminum?

[​IMG]

Looks better than the 32 ounce poly bottle I had been using.

[​IMG]
  2. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

i so hate photobucket new policy
  3. turbofiat124

Yeah, I can't even seem to view my own photos when I'm logged in!

Here's some photos of the tank I've uploaded directly.

Attached Files:

4. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

your washer tank looks like the one ive fitted in mine it went straight on the existing bracket,it shows how the chinese are taking over the world
  5. turbofiat124

The only issue with mine is, the tank rubs one of the hoses going from the reservoir to the master cylinder. Since everything is bolted to the body, it shouldn't rub a hole in the hose over time. Well hope not anyway.
  6. kev the builder

the piece which the tank fits onto has several holes in it i just used the set lower down so it lifted the tank up a bit it then cleared the hose
  7. Zausel

Zausel Loyal Comrade

8. kev the builder

yes it came with a red push switch it looked like a missile lauch switch off an old tv programe
  9. turbofiat124

You don't even have to wire the pump up for it to work. The manual push/pull pumps works just as well. Just hook the hose from the original tank to the pump on the new tank.
  10. Zausel

Zausel Loyal Comrade

My hand pump is on its way out...Will check this out
  11. turbofiat124

As mentioned in my other post, the only thing inside the pump is a plunger with an O-ring and a spring. Very easy to take apart.

I've bought O-rings from NAPA in the past for less than $1.00. If the O-ring is bad. My guess is since the cap on the pump has a vent hole in it, if it's not leaking washer fluid, the O-ring may still be good. I greased the O-ring on the plunger and it seems to move a bit smoother now.