1. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

I'm looking for a small camping cooker and wondered if anything DDR is worth buying ? What words shoul i look for on german ebay
  2. Mr Kipling

Mr Kipling Newbie

3. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

Did you ever find you a camping stove?

I was at what you might call a Bric a Brac store today and they had one of these camping stoves for $17. In better condition that what this one is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cla...738810?hash=item36183ac57a:g:7cgAAOSw4GVYOSb1

For some reason your post instantly popped in my mind. It's made by Coleman in the US, not DDR but looks vintage. It uses "white gas" which is unleaded gasoline. I guess you could use whatever flammable substance you want. Probably not any more dangerous than that Trabant petrol heater I bought!
  4. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

I'll probably stick with my Trangia copy for now. Bit slow but very simple and reliable. Main problem i have found with it is buying methylated spirits if i run out .
  5. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

I reckon you can use about anything flammable in these things. Especially if they are designed to use gasoline as the fuel. Use a bottle of cheap vodka!
  6. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Tried vodka ,it burns but no heat ,spirits ( rum, vodka whiskey etc ) in UK are usually only around 40% alcohol , meths is i think 96% so burns a lot hotter . trouble is if you run out in a rural /isolated area it's hard to buy meths