1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please email justin@trabantforums.com
  2. Hello Everyone...Just a note for those of you who do not check the For Sale Section often, but I am selling my Trabant for $2500. Link is below, if you're interested, reach out to me. http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/price-drop-1984-trabant-limo-for-sale-clear-title.43437/
  1. aPilzecker

aPilzecker Newbie

Just bought myself a 1981 Trabant. Still with Polish plates so first project will be to get swedish plates on it.

More longterm i plan to keep the looks of the car as it is. Well, i probably have to fix the rust and you know, have the rear panels somewhat permanent fixed to the car. As i described it to a friend, i want the car to look like the wall just fell! I want it to look like a car that has been used and abused!

I can alredy see the charm for which i bought the car. Had it on the trailer and people alredy came up and asked "is that a Trabant?".... And some polish guys a met laughed and called me an iditot when i told them i paid 8500sek (~850eur) for it!

Attached Files:

RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  2. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Welcome to the forum. 850 euros I don't think is too far from the right price if it is in reasonable condition and you can drive it. Good luck with work you need to do and also there is a lot of useful information on this forum to help you.
  3. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Puttering Along

Welcome. I'm sure you will enjoy the car and its characteristics.
  4. BillB

BillB Loyal Comrade Administrator Moderator

Welcome! Hope you find the forum to be a wealth of info. Lots of details and documents here. Search around, you'll be amazed.
  5. Lasse

Lasse Newbie

Hi and welcome!
    I´m from Sweden as well, see you on the roads!