1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please email justin@trabantforums.com
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Puttering Along

Hi
    I am a new owner of a 1975 Trabant 601. I like my old cars and bikes, and i am in to 2 strokes, so this car fits in well. Got a bit to learn now. Already got a shopping list done for all the replacement parts that are needed!

Andy.
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  2. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

Hi welcome from sunny Sheffield!
  3. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Hi Andy. There are a few Trabant owners no too far away from you if you need any spares. I have accumulated a few in just over 12 months, especially 6 volt stuff. I converted mine to 12 v.
  4. Andrewwoey

Hello all.

I am after a straight wheel hub (early tapered type).
    I'm just checking the car over and sorting out what i need. I have brought a 2nd hand 6v dynamo from Germany. Waiting for that to arrive, and hoping it works. I will keep it 6 volt for the time being, but might slowly collect all the 12v parts over the coming year.
    I do want a spare engine to build up, but i might just end up buying a rough car for parts.

Andy.
  5. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

I have a second hand 6v generator, coils, flasher unit, full set of bulbs, windscreen washer manual pump and other stuff. Let me know if I can help?
  6. Andrewwoey

Hi Steve

Thank you for that information. I might be interested into the generator and possibly a high/low relay. The private seller of the generator in Germany seems to be a little slow to post items. I need to update my fuse box and see if that fixes the low beam failure. If it does not, then i will be after the high/low really.
    Could you pm me some prices please including postage, or if not to far then i will pick up.

Andy.
  7. Ian

Ian Puttering Along

Welcome Andy! If you need some "unused/n.o.s. or second hand items" for a P601... I have a crate/collection of each, that I will be having to move on Ebay soon, as need some room.

I have a P601 works rally car replica, that I am putting the finishing touches too, gradually. I am at Shepton Mallet, a couple of hours away from you, ...but, am seeking to move to Powys this Spring hopefully, so may be a little nearer, should you be interested in anything. Have a happy new year, in the meantime! Regards, Ian.
  8. Andrewwoey

Hi Ian.
    Your car in the profile looks lovely. I am interested in knowing more about it. I am after a few bits but still slowly checking over the car to get a list together.

Andy.
  9. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

I have sent you a PM re the generator
  10. Andrewwoey

Got it. Thanks.
  11. Andrewwoey

Here's my car. The photo is from the previous owner. It looks like it could be in Lake Como, on its charity run.
    [​IMG]