1. craigt3

craigt3 Puttering Along

Could anyone give me a rough valuatiuon for my trabant, its a p601 deluxe model, comes with original trailor built in the same facftory and painted the same colur as the car, just sailed through mot runs great. looks superb 42,000 km, no rot, I'm not selling but just intrested of price with trailor ,
    I have been told to find one with original trailor is very rare... is this correct...
    Trailor is also in superb condition,
    Also I am in need of some touch up paint for a slight scratch, any idea where it can be got from
    Thanks in advance Trab.jpg
  2. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

It's worth what someone will pay . There are a lot of dealers selling cars at inflated prices ,you MIGHT get £2000 but you could get less /more you won't find out unless you actually try to sell it . Try ldm/trabiwelt for paint
  3. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

4. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

I would have thought it would fetch £2500-£2750 but as mbeamish said its worth what someones willing to pay you see cars advertised for more but that doesnt mean they sell for that
  5. craigt3

craigt3 Puttering Along

Thanks for that, I thought with it having original trailer that is rare it may be wortha little more, wasn't sure though
  6. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Nice to have an IFA trailer but it's not specific to a Trabant and would be worth just as much selling it separately as with the Trabi.
  7. craigt3

craigt3 Puttering Along

Thanks for that, was told it was built in the same factory as car and painted with same paint, it is a perfect match to be fare,
  8. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Should have a tag on the frame as well as the body that says something like VEB Kombinat Fortschritt Traktoren Schoneshausen (more or less) model HP400. Trailers were another branch of IFA. The hitch, the roof rack, visor, driving lights are all accessory.