1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

2. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

The photos of the item on eBay don't show the potential 5th terminal which from the angles of the photos taken, it is hidden and would not show. The hidden one is on the (top) surface opposite the two terminals on the bottom on the second photo.You need to maybe check with the seller how many terminals. If there are 5 it will be a washer function included as mine is. However, my car was not fitted with an electric washer pump and bottle. I may fit one in the future. but I kind of like to keep it original in that regard.
  3. turbofiat124

It's also possible the knobs were swapped. I'm having a touch time with Ebay.de right now as far as logging in. For some reason it won't accept my US account.

My company just recently switched names so they also switched Gmail accounts and ironically when we log into our Gmail account it is in German and nobody can seem to figure out how to switch it over to English!

And our IP address is showing up as being in the Netherlands one week, New York another and Belgium the next!

I haven't tried from home yet.
  4. turbofiat124

I'm not against manual washer pumps but are the washer pumps used on Trabants hard to operate by nature?

The manual pump on my 2CV is over sensitive. I can push it in with my pinky finger and before I adjusted the nozzle would shoot washer fluid over top of the car!

[​IMG]

It works the opposite. It's just a small button that is pressed in then it retracts outward. Where the Trabant is pull out with all your stretch then it retracts inward.

The pump on my Trabant is so hard to pull, it almost requires two hands.

I considered dismantling it and seeing if I could apply some lubricant to the seal thinking this may make it easier to pull out but sort of afraid to mess with it. It maybe opening a can of worms trying to put it back together.
  5. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Try pumping a cup full of really soapy water through the manual pump and then use a proprietary screen washing fluid afterwards instead of pure water. My manual pump takes three or four strokes before it will pump fluid. I will persevere with it until breaks and then probably convert to electric.
  6. Caleb

Caleb Loyal Comrade

The manual pumps are really simple... its basically just a spring and plunger inside the housing. I took mine apart because it was hard to operate. the spring was really rusted and nasty. I cleaned everything up and put it back together and it works much better.
  7. turbofiat124

I wasn't sure if I could take it apart and get it back together.

I tried repairing the wiper switch when it "messed up" one day and never could get it back together.

I may give it a shot.
  8. turbofiat124

Well DUH!

I took my pump apart today. I found nothing unusual inside it. I cleaned the O-ring on the plunger and applied some MolyKote grease on the O-ring and bore. It seems to work a bit smoother. I haven't actually tested it on the car yet.