1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Well, things are moving along with our proposed charity run so I've created this dedicated new thread. Yesterday we had a reporter come along to the house. He asked lots of questions and seemed very keen on the whole idea, promising to run with the story in the paper and provide help with sponsoring and more media coverage.

The event will happen starting 4th April, 2018 when we will drive north over a few days to the start at John 0' Groats in Scotland. Then start the journey proper stopping at Fort William, Alloa, Newcastle-on-Tyne, Bingham, Worcester, Taunton, then Lands End. Then we have to drive home, so the total mileage will be nearly 2,000 miles, quite a formidable Trabbi drive, hopefully without any serious problems.

I am offering advertising space on the Trabbi during the drive to any companies contributing to the costs involved and also any donations to the charities we support through www.justgiving.com and search Trabbi Travels.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Five months to go till the start of our epic Trabbi journey for charity. So far, donations through justgiving.com are about £70. We still have no sponsors to cover the cost of the trip (estimated at £500) and hoping this will be resolved. The charities we are supporting are Prostate Cancer UK and Asthma UK both of which my partner and I have been closely involved with recently. Please give generously to these worthy causes, and make it a really successful Trabbi Trip.
  3. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Administrator Forum Donor

Steve I think this is an awesome idea and I'm happy to send you a donation. I hope you keep us up to date here on the forum!

Bill
    Steve likes this.
  4. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Thanks Bill, I've never done anything like this before, but I have a good lady partner who is very good at organizing. My job is to get the Trabbi in good order for the trip and do the driving. She looks after the bookings, correspondence and schedules, so it's a joint effort. It looks like it's going to be a fun trip for a worthwhile cause. Donations please through www.justgiving.com and then search for Trabbi Travels.
  5. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Just 115 days to go before we start the journey. So far we have raised £139 for our charities. As for sponsorship, so far we are struggling to get any. Some local companies may be persuaded to part with some money, but it is proving difficult!
  6. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Just 68 days to go now before we set off on the adventure. I have posted a first video on Youtube introducing myself and the car and what we are planning. More video clips will follow as we get closer to the start date. So come on you Trabbi owners, dig deep and lets raise a load of cash for the chosen charities. Donate on www.justgiving.com and then search for Trabbi Travels. You get a choice under the name Barbara Hastings to give to one or both charities. Thanks. And before you comment, yes I should have shot it in landscape.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  7. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  8. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Tomorrow morning 6th February we are on the local BBC Radio Nottingham on the Mark Dennison show at around 11.15 am talking about the Trabbi and the trip. You can get the show online at www.bbc.co.uk/radionottingham or RDS: BBCNottm, 95.1 MHz, 95.5 MHz, 103.8 MHz, DAB (NOW Nottingham) Freeview channel 720
    Search Mark Dennison on 6/2/18 about 2hrs 10 mins into the show.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  9. Mr Kipling

Mr Kipling Newbie

Well done you two, looking forward to your updates.

Good Luck!
  10. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Puttering Along

If i am not working i will possibly try to spot you on route through the midlands towards Worcester.

Andy.
  11. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Today an ITN local news reporter has been to ours to interview us regarding the upcoming trip. She was here for about an hour filming the Trabbi with me driving and her inside the car and on the pavement/sidewalk, and also an interview inside the house about the car and the trip. It will be televised in the next few days so keep an eye on Central television news (ITN) bulletins. Update -- apparently it will be featured on local bulletins 6.10am, 7.10am, 8.10am and a longer version at 6pm Monday 12th Feb (tomorrow). ITV Central News. If you live outside the Central area, try on their website http://www.itv.com/news/central/
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  12. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Good Luck. Will you be carrying a spare engine in the boot according to east german myth
  13. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Thanks, that might be a good idea. Don't fancy being stranded in the wilds of Scotland in April. It could snow!
  14. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Just 50 days to go now before the start. And 63% of the target amount raised. TV, radio, and press coverage already, but we still need more sponsorship money in the order of £200. And thanks to mbeamish for the generous donation.
  15. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

trabbi sponsors pic1.jpg
    trabbi sponsors pic2.jpg
    Just 36 days to go now before we set off and the Trabbi has got posters and stickers all over the sides and windows advertising the sponsors with details about the car and the charity trip. Any IFA club UK member will see us in the latest edition of the TST (two stroke times). Also, tomorrow another local newspaper, Newark Advertiser, is coming to do photos and interview for publication this week. We still need about £200 sponsor money to cover costs, and donations through www.justgiving.com have risen to over £800. Please give generously to two worthwhile causes.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  16. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Less than a month now and all the overnight stays are booked and nightly events on the way south are all organized. Fritz (the car) is looking good and running well and hopefully will stay that way for the duration. Don't forget to dig deep and donate to www.justgiving.com search Trabbi Travels.
  17. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Less than 20 days now before we set off north to John O'Groats. Been checking things over on the car, gearbox oil, been round all the greasing points with the gun, checked the fan belt tension and pulley rigidity (someone posted about a loose crankshaft pulley} got a spare fan belt and set of spark plugs, checked all lights work, spare bulb set on board, checked charging okay, tyres and spare wheel okay. Hope that's enough. We have had a banner made for the times we are stationary at events and I have devised and constructed a circular moving display to be mounted on the roof of the Trabbi in order to attract more attention and hopefully donations. Speaking of which , come on you guys ,dig deep and donate.
  18. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

10 days to go now before we set off.
    Here is the Youtube clip for the circular banner we are going to display

You still have time to donate via www.justgiving.com
  19. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Administrator Forum Donor

Just sent 50 quid. Good luck with the tour!
    Steve likes this.
  20. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Wow that's great Bill. Thanks a lot. We are getting quite excited now and can't wait to get going although the weather forecast gives snow in Scotland next week. May have to take snow chains!