1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

2. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

It looks like a mid 70s like mine
  3. BillB

BillB Loyal Comrade Administrator Forum Donor

It's been on here before. Price has come down.
    Kev's right, It's much later than a '65
  4. TrabiCRAZY

TrabiCRAZY Puttering Along

It looks good, however I agree with Bill and Kev, looks definitely like a 1970's car though it would be neat if it is actually is a '65. It also has a 12V battery in it, not standard. It has been on here a few times. I am not sure why the seller has not registered it for the US yet.
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
  5. Bill

Bill Smoking Along

I would LOVE to get this Trabbi.... It is very much like the one that I had that got wrecked. I have been pining for one like it for years!
    Somebody hurry up and buy the BMW motorcycle I have for sale on EBay!!!!
  6. TrabiCRAZY

TrabiCRAZY Puttering Along

How much are you selling the bike for?
  7. Bill

Bill Smoking Along

It is listed for $9500.00 or best offer.
  8. Caleb

Caleb Loyal Comrade

This car has been listed many times for sale. The owner hasn't had much luck getting someone to buy it. Claims it is '65 but its not. I do think its late 70's with a factory refurbish. All in all it looks like a decent car but he is asking "pristine" "original" money for it and its just not there. It is a modified / refurbished car and not going to fetch "all original" money.
  9. BillB

The ad was removed.
    Did anyone contact the seller?
    Name?
    Email?
    Phone?
  10. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

He had reposted at $4500 but I think that ad is gone now as well.
  11. BillB

Yes, I had a potential guy looking for a Universal.
    At $4,500, it's in the reasonable zone.
    He hesitated and now its gone :(
    The ad link says "flagged for removal", so maybe it will get reposted.

If someone knows anything additional, please let me know.
  12. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

For $9500.00, one could import a very nice Trabi. It's not hard to do.
  13. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

14. BillB

Thank you!
  15. RogerDerSchrauber

$4,500 is a good price IF the body is solid and no rust.
  16. Caleb

Caleb Loyal Comrade

$4500 isn't a bad price - IF - as Roger said there is no rust issues and mechanically it is running well. I just hope whoever does buy it will get an honest answer as to what exactly they are buying. A "1965" Trabi with "only 5000 original miles" is unheard of and highly suspect without documentation. You also have the added hassle of having to first time register it in the US as it has not been registered anywhere in the US yet.
  17. RogerDerSchrauber

"This posting has been deleted by its author."
  18. Ossi

Ossi Newbie

I like to clear thing up about the Trabi in Daytona. If anyone interested can contact me at 386 689 3726
    Thank you
    Andre
  19. Bill

Bill Smoking Along

KS trabant.jpg
    Florida Trabant is now Kansas Trabant. Happy to have made a deal and own a Kombi again.
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  20. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

Congrats. It looks pretty nice.