1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Javon Johnson

Javon Johnson Newbie

Hello all! I am officially beginning the search for my first Trabant. I live in the USA and would rather not import a car if I can avoid doing so. Unfortunately, I am on a tight budget - I really want to stay around the $2,500 mark especially if I have to go about shipping the car.

I'll finally be in the position to buy one towards the end of September (perhaps earlier if I can sell my Dodge 600 soon). Ideally, I'd like to have an example that runs and drives. I'm not bothered by rust as long as it isn't terminal and is repairable. If anybody has anything or knows of somebody who has one that fits this criteria, please let me know! Cheers.
    trabant601 likes this.
  2. Javon Johnson

Javon Johnson Newbie

Must add that I don't at all mind one that needs work, just so long as it runs and drives :D
    trabant601 likes this.
  3. Nick

Nick Newbie

Hi Javon, I can help you find one. Whatever you get you will need to work on it. Don't let that scare you, keep in mind these cars are old and many have been seriously neglected and need love.