1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please email justin@trabantforums.com
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Mithras

Mithras Puttering Along Moderator

2. TheHun

TheHun Puttering Along Forum Donor

Looks in good condition cosmetically but there are some indications its not original but more of a tribute car - example, this type of steering wheel was not available until mid-1980s, car is listed as 1974...personally I would use the same kond of money on a late year completely original car...although this may bring more attention at local car shows or Trabi events
    Mithras likes this.
  3. Mithras

Mithras Puttering Along Moderator

The problem, in my case is that unfortunately I'm in California, and so post 1975 is verboten out here. Very much appreciate you having a look!
  4. BillB

BillB Loyal Comrade Administrator Forum Donor

Mithras, You may have seen this one listed already. The ad is pretty minimalistic and no real contact other than PM.
    Claims to be a 1964 Universal (non-existent, the Uni was first made in later 1965) , but it's a Trabi in Nor Cal and they claim to have owned it for a long time.
    Good luck and let us know if you were able to contact them.

http://trabantforums.com/threads/trabi-for-sale-california.43395/
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Mithras likes this.
  5. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

The description says it is a replica. Also that it still needs timed to run properly. The point I really want to make though is that you should be looking for one that someone you trust can look at for you and advise you . . . maybe even help with shipping arrangements. It being within the availability of someone like that to check it out is worth more than whether or not it is real or a replica. In this case he says he got it through inspection a year ago but then never drove it enough even to get it timed properly, I'd hope for one that was road ready.
    Mithras and BillB like this.