1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please email justin@trabantforums.com
  2. Hello Everyone...Just a note for those of you who do not check the For Sale Section often, but I am selling my Trabant for $2500. Link is below, if you're interested, reach out to me. http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/price-drop-1984-trabant-limo-for-sale-clear-title.43437/
  1. IronJaw

IronJaw Newbie

I'm trying to learn more about these cars before I eventually get hold of one. I'm just wondering if there's any club meets, groups or even owners I could visit to learn more about the cars and perhaps get a close look at a Trabant? I'm keen to learn more :)
  2. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

It's a little early in the year for meets and shows. Easter is the time when they start. Where are you in the North West? There is a guy who comes on ebay selling Trabant bits now and again with a Chorley location, but I don't know any more about him. I am retired and if you want a run out to Nottingham, PM me and we can fix up a date and time where you can come and have a chat about Trabants.
  3. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

I bought mt second trabi from a guy in Chorley he imported several from Hungary it sounds like the same guy
  4. IronJaw

IronJaw Newbie

Ok that’s fair enough, I know the Trabant has a much smaller following so Club support may not be massive. The Triumph Club I used to be a part of met every month regardless, some even brought their cars. I don’t use my Triumph in winter because there is too much salt put down these days.

I’m not too far from Chorley actually, I’ll do a google search for Trabant Chorley and see what it gives me.

I’m really getting fired up about them now.