1. Rownak Shahed

Rownak Shahed Newbie

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me, I live near Bedford, UK. where can I take my Trabant for MOT? I brought the car from Hungary with all relevant paperwork. But I have been told that I need to register it ASAP with DVLA...

Need some advice.....

Thanks
  2. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Take it to an MOT station for cars????? Then when it passes, you have to insure it, then tell HMRC that you have imported it and want to register it for UK use. They will send you NOVA 1 forms to fill in and return. Then they will tell you if any VAT is due and give you a reference number for the DVLA. Then get a vehicle import pack from the DVLA and fill that in and send it all back to the DVLA with the relevant documents and if you're lucky you will get a UK registration to put on the car. It took me 6 weeks or so to get mine registered!!
  3. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Any MOT place should be able to test it . BUT make certain they test it on the CHASSIS NUMBER do not use the foreign number plate. Also you may have to point out it is a two stroke and completely exempt from emission testing regardless of age
  4. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Oh i believe you have 14 days to do the NOVA so do that first then worry about an MOT ,mask or swap headlamps for RHD and move rear fog-lamp ( if fitted) to offside of car and obviously check all the lights/wipers/washer etc work