1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. TrabiCRAZY

TrabiCRAZY Newbie

Well, after nearly fifteen years of dreaming about this day and meeting all of you out there with excellent expertise, I can officially say that my Trabant is on its way as I paid it off on June 7th with the exception of the shipping bill. Adam Benko figured he would surprise me as I come this far. I will still have to pay the shipping to get the paperwork for the car, but just knowing I will have the car is good enough for me! I also bought some 2-stroke oil and a gas can for Zeus (How nice of me) as his expected date of arrival is estimated to be on the 17th or 18th, I know for a fact that Benko is leaving Florida on the 15th. Woot woot! :eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

I want to give big thanks to you guys out there and since meeting some of you at the International Spy Museum last fall, I can honestly say that my life has been changed in such a neat, unique and Trabi-filled way. My life in the past was very hard, filled with abuse and trauma to which with my Trabant in my driveway is not only say to the world that anything is possible, but also help put my past where it belongs. I unfortunately have a lot to do in the upcoming year so chances of me making it for the DC Parade in November are super slim at this time. I still have to get a more practical car for daily use and start looking for my first apartment. I will happily keep you all updated about that! Thank you all again for making this dream of mine come true. :p:p:p:p:):):):cool::cool::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:rolleyes:

rrhf.jpg
    BillB likes this.
  2. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

Congrats! Enjoy it. An old car can be good therapy. And when it ticks you off and becomes a pain, you can just walk away from it for a while. It's won't complain and it'll be there when you go back to it.
  3. TrabiCRAZY

TrabiCRAZY Newbie

Well Trabant does mean "friend" or "something around you". :)
  4. TrabiCRAZY

TrabiCRAZY Newbie

5. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

Congratulations! 15 years sounds about the right wait time for a Trabi. Enjoy! Which one of his Trabis did you buy? I am looking forward to pictures.
  6. TrabiCRAZY

TrabiCRAZY Newbie

Thanks! I bought the 1979 601S limousine!! Pictures will be posted soon! Expect them to be on here by the 19th-21st! So excited! :D:D:D:D:D
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  7. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

Are you the guy who bought Bill Overbaugh's English Ford or someone else?
  8. TrabiCRAZY

TrabiCRAZY Newbie

Some other guy must have, the only English Ford I have owned is a Hot Wheels Anglia lol
  9. TrabiCRAZY

TrabiCRAZY Newbie

It is official, the Trabant will be delivered on the 18th. Benko has told me it does need some cleaning up, but it is not hard to do.
  10. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

This one was the one that Harry Potter drove.
  11. TrabiCRAZY

TrabiCRAZY Newbie

UPDATE: Trabant will be delivered in August. Complications with bringing it later on today.