1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Is Papyrus close to a Beige colour or closer to a light grey (grey'ish white)?
    Every picture or video i look at, the colour looks different.

Thanks
    Andy.
  2. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

I think mines payparus but it's beige
  3. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Thank you. Many of the pictures and videos i look at it does seem a beige type of colour. In others they look like a very light colour. I know i can get the correct colour shipped from Germany, but i don't fancy litre's paint going so far through the postal system. I'm not after a perfect match, just some thing fairly close.

Andy.
  4. kev the builder

I took my car to my local paint supplier to get some paint for touching up and found a spot on match which is a fiat colour it was called grey but they said it's not grey it's beige and agreed with me that it's hearing aid beige I'm away at the moment laying round a pool in feuraventura when I get back ill see if there's a code on the tin it may be of use to you it was £12 for 1/2 litre
  5. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Hearing aid beige. Hehehe. Next time i see my mother i will pull her hearing aid out and compare it to various picture. :D
    Yes a code would be great. Never thought a flat colour would be a close match.

Thanks
    Andy.
  6. kev the builder

The paint shop said they're going to call the colour hearing aid beige now
    Andrewwoey likes this.
  7. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

Just get a can from trabantwelt. It matches up perfectly.
  8. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

If kev the builder can't get a code then i might buy 1 rattle can to get the correct colour or end up buying 3 or 4 litres from the German ebay seller.
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  9. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Ral 1015 seems to look close. Possibly also RAL 1013.

Andy.