1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

I am looking for pictures on how the Sirroco petrol heater is mounted in the Trabant 601. I can find pictures of it in the engine bay and of the heat shield behind it. I just can't see how it is mounted.
    I have decided to go for a modern diesel heater and mount it in the same position as the petrol heater.

Andy.
  2. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

The Kombi I sold recently to Iron Jaw on this forum had a mounting for the Scir0cco. It mounts on its exhaust pipe, an extra fitment, which runs underneath the bulkhead. I have some pictures somewhere, but you could PM him and ask for some pix.
  3. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Thanks Steve. I thought that the bracket went under the petrol tank or down the bulkhead, below the tank.
    I was just after some sort of guide to how it was done with the old petrol heater.

Andy.