1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please email justin@trabantforums.com
  2. Hello Everyone...Just a note for those of you who do not check the For Sale Section often, but I am selling my Trabant for $2500. Link is below, if you're interested, reach out to me. http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/price-drop-1984-trabant-limo-for-sale-clear-title.43437/
  1. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Loyal Comrade

2. BillB

BillB Loyal Comrade Administrator Moderator

Thank you Roger!
    Not going to claim to be a Trabant expert, but I would guess this is more likely a 80's car.
    Looks to be in reasonable shape.
    Maybe someone on the West Coast could be the new owner.
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  3. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Loyal Comrade

From the roof pillars and their width, I'd say you're right. Yet another one somebody lied about to get it imported and registered. I wonder what the procedure is for, ummm....correcting the misinformation?
    BillB likes this.
  4. BillB

BillB Loyal Comrade Administrator Moderator

Yeah, easy to bolt on parts to pre date and post date, but I noticed the wide pillars as well.
    I have a feeling that a few cars that landed on the west coast over the past 20 years, may have seen some "creative documentation" to get them in country and titled. All that sais, still looks like a decent car.
  5. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Don't know how you guys get around the VIN number issue as it takes about 2 minutes for anyone to check that on the internet with various sites which tell you the month and year of construction, and some cars like mine even have the month and year stamped on the bulkhead above the fuel tank. Over in the UK, after any serious accident or sometimes just an inquisitive cop will check the VIN number against your records and what the year of construction should be, and start asking questions.
  6. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

It happened in UK a lot to get free road tax , some were done 'properly' with a new VIN welded in but i have seen a car at a show with a new VIN pop riveted over the old one . Most MOT stations and many buyers don't seem to check or care
  7. ummeli

ummeli Puttering Along

Where did you get those pretty hubcaps?