1. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

I found this little USB powered fan at Wal-Mart the other day for less than $2.00. It provides somewhat of a cool breeze...

[​IMG]

This particular fan works better but runs off 12 volts so I had to run it off my 6 to 12 volt converter.

I replaced the motor with a 6 volt hobby motor but for some reason blows fuses as if it's pulling too many amps.

[​IMG]

I need to put the original 12 volt motor back in it and install one of these things in line and plug it into my Hella port. This same converter I used to solve my present issues with my Trabant and Citroen when cranking the engine over.

[​IMG]
  2. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

I had a similar small fan on my Barkas van . It seemed to be a DDR accessory . So if you want authentic get googling on german Ebay
  3. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

I've seen those fans before on Ebay.de but I'm too cheap to pay their prices! I can't justify spending what people are asking for them. I'm hoping to find one cheap and groaty looking that didn't work, that way I take it apart, clean it up and repair it myself.

This gray/white fan I got off Ebay for $20 with free shipping is made in Hong Kong but matches the interior of the car. It actually "worked" quite well before I installed that 6V hobby motor in it. I'm not sure why it blows fuses unless it's shorting out. I can't imagine why it would blow a 30 amp fuse coming directly off the battery. The starter motor probably doesn't pull that many amps. It maybe just a cheap motor.

When I'm driving around in 35C heat, sweat tends to form on my forehead and runs down into my eyes. That fan believe it or not actually prevents it. So it's more of a perspiration control device than more than comfort.

I wanted that DDR cigarette lighter but once again hated to pay $70 + shipping. When I need to quit smoking to begin with!

One of the most "soul searching" items I wanted was that errotic shifter knob...
  4. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

i so need to make one or get something 6volt fan for the p50 those sliding windows dont let any air in. If i am at a car show leaveing line or things i pop the door open to let more in like a drag car cause it is a hot box