1. Berlin89

Berlin89 Newbie

No longer needed.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 1:37 PM
  2. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

scott what have you done to that nice trabi ! ive got a passenger side lock you may be able to cannibalise for parts your welcome to
  3. kev the builder

does the cog part just tirn around?if so it may just be the spring on the inside of the door you need to remove the lock to accesse this they can sometimes become dislodged and just need a clean/lub and reattatching
  4. Berlin89

Berlin89 Newbie

Hi Kev. Unfortunately the car had to live outside this winter. Hopefully soon I can bring it to it's new home with me!
    The part that is broken is on the bottom to the right of the spring. You can see that part of that tab to the right is broken. The door will close, but not stay properly closed without that tab thing.
  5. kev the builder

unfortunatly that parts cast as part of the whole lock are you sure thats the problem?
  6. kev the builder

the cog on the outside turns a cog on the inside which has a spring to stop it turning back,the outer cog goes into an inverted G on the body and locks the to together when you press the button a lever releases the inner cog and the door opens if the springs broken or displaced the door closes but wont stay closed,the tab just guides the door it looks like yours is worn trabi parts 006.JPG you can see the spring at the bottm
  7. Berlin89

Berlin89 Newbie

Yep, I saw it was all cast. I'll check tomorrow again to make sure. Might take the whole assembly off.
  8. kev the builder

It's a bit fiddly but not to bad let me know if you think you can use any of the lock parts
  9. Berlin89

Berlin89 Newbie

Thanks to Kev, I don't need the door lock after all! All it needed was a little cleaning and lubrication. I incorrectly assumed a worn looking part was the culprit.
  10. kev the builder

Thats good then sometimes its good to be wronge!