1. paulymx

paulymx Leader

Here is my latest purchase = a 1959 DKW F93 3=6. The DKW 3=6 was West Germany's Trabant - or more correctly - it's Wartburg! It's powered by a 3 cylinder 893cc two stroke engine. Earlier models of the DKW had the same 2 cylinder engine as the Trabant.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Wow Paul, that thing is awesome, and in incredibly condition. It's a great looking car.
  3. paulymx

paulymx Leader

After 6 weeks waiting I've today recieved my import approval for the DKW. Woo who!!! Now I can go ahead and arrange shipping. Maybe - with luck - it will be here by Christmas!!!
    Santa, I have been very good!
    P
  4. paulymx

paulymx Leader

I've organised with the shipping company now and the car will be dockside Durban, South Africa around 13th January 2012. Not sure how long it will take to get it on the boat, but it's only around five days to get to Fremantle, Western Australia. A little later than Christmas, but it will be here now before February.
  5. paulymx

paulymx Leader

And now it's finally here!
    [​IMG]
    Arriving on the truck
    [​IMG]
    Rolling down the drive
    [​IMG]
    At home. I think she's gorgeous!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekQpq0zeaaU[/youtube]
    Here she is ticking over in my drive.
  6. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Wow, she is gorgeous! Take lots more pictures.

Also, where you live looks very pretty as well
  7. paulymx

paulymx Leader

Re: 1959 DKW F93 3=6

[​IMG]
    Here we are at the Classic Car Show in Perth in April 2012.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The odd bods row. Including a NSU Prinz III, a Messerschmitt KR200 and Renault CV4
  8. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

I absolutely LOVE that car!
  9. paulymx

paulymx Leader

Thanks Justin.
    How is your Trabant going?
    Paul
  10. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

I haven't done a whole lot. I got everything off the sub-frame, engine is sitting on the workbench. I put together a pretty thorough list of parts I need too. I think my goal to have it back together and running is May 2013.

There is a 198? either 84 or 87 601 for sale here in San Antonio. Car is in FANTASTIC shape and its a steal at $1500. I would like to pick it up too, but don't have the extra funds at the moment.
  11. paulymx

paulymx Leader

Ahh, these things. It never ends. Hoping to get my car fully licensed by the end of this week. Crossed fingers!!
    And that all said I think I am about to make an absolutely crazy purchase. More on that when I finally commit. Watch this space!
    Good luck with your restoration
  12. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Thank you Paul.

As I progress I will get better about posting pictures. I need to get in my garage this week and clean it up again so I am a bit more organized.