1. Trabant Forums is now part of the AutoShrine Network and has moved to a new server
    If anything broke during the move, please contact admin@trabantforums.com
  1. frogbros

frogbros Von Trabi Forum Donor

RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  2. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

Ingrid and I are planning on being there, and at the university on Monday with the Kombi, too.
  3. VADOC

VADOC Premium Member Forum Donor

well.....ok..I guess...... if I have to
    RogerDerSchrauber and frogbros like this.
  4. RogerDerSchrauber

Has anyone made plans for accommodations? Unless we hear different, we'll stay at the Virginian Suites again.
  5. A Spooky Ghost

A Spooky Ghost Loyal Comrade

As of now I plan on making it. This is a 70 mile trip one way down I-66 for me.

I've been driving the crap out of this 601, so hopefully it will be running well enough by Nov.
  6. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Now come on all you American wussies. Why don't you actually drive your Trabbis to the event this year. After all, that's what they were made for. I drove mine 2000 miles earlier this year without a hitch. So have some faith!
    Keri likes this.
  7. A Spooky Ghost

A Spooky Ghost Loyal Comrade

I've put on several 1,000 km's in the past few months, with no serious break downs(other than stuff I should have done before!). Never put that kind of mileage on any car so quickly.

Almost through the 2nd jug of 2 stroke oil..
    RogerDerSchrauber and Steve like this.
  8. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

That's the spirit!
  9. KyleB1985

KyleB1985 Newbie

Hey, Do you guys want to try to make reservations for the Old Europe restaurant on Wisconsin Avenue this year?
  10. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

Not sure if I will be able to make it this year. Last year was a disaster. Nothing to do with the car or event itself. I had a good time though. I'll try to make it next year.
  11. frogbros

I would be interested in the Old Europe
    KyleB1985 and RogerDerSchrauber like this.
  12. frogbros

Roger did you enquirer about parking at the Virginia Suites this year? Ingrid got us a good deal last year.
  13. RogerDerSchrauber

We booked there again, no problems.
  14. Caleb

Caleb Loyal Comrade

Niki and I won't be able to make it this year. We will be visiting friends and family in Budapest. Hope you all have a great time as always!
    KyleB1985 and RogerDerSchrauber like this.
  15. frogbros

OK I booked the Virginia Suites as well and if anyone is making a count for reservations at the Old Europe Restaurant I will have 4 in my group.
  16. frogbros

Sorry to hear that but I would also rather be in Budapest. Safe Travels
  17. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Administrator Forum Donor

Aw bummer I just reserved last night at the Homewood Suites in Gaithersburg. It cuts an hour or more off the trip for me and my wife gets Hilton points. I might change that
    My wife and daughter will be joining us. We'd love to go to Old Europe with you all. And on Sunday, we plan on doing some touristy stuff. My daughter has never been to DC and she really wants to see the city.
    TurboFiat - my daughter is the same age as yours - 7, so if you DO decide to come, they'll be immediate pals. Ah to be a kid again.
    frogbros likes this.
  18. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

If it were not for the comradory, I thought about getting a hotel in Front Royal, Va. Or a bit closer before getting into the DC metro area. Just to avoid having to pull a trailer through DC. Last year I missed the hotel several times because the roads are so short. As soon as the GPS would pick up on my location, I was already past the turn off. From my understanding, has the museum changed locations or are they moving next year?
  19. KyleB1985

KyleB1985 Newbie

I can call and try to make a reservation for the Old Europe restaurant. Should I make it for 25 people?
  20. frogbros

Andy x4, Roger x2, Bill x3, Doc x2, Kyle, Jonathan x2, Tiltons x2 and baby ....that's 16 already. I guess 20-25 would be a safe bet. At least 20