1. Keri

Keri Leader

Today is the big day....
    Comrade Trabi and I just made it to 40,000 kilometers today, in just under a year and a half.
    It was just before Mayday 2012 I rescued my dear Comrade from that awful body shop. We started driving together on Mayday itself!

So, let's see... 40,000km in 18 months... that's an average of 2,222km a month!
    For the Metric-Impaired, that's about 24,800 miles in 18 months or 1377 miles per month.
    This must be some kind of record! We will probably make another few hundred km before the month is out.

Roughly 133 tanks of fuel were consumed in the process, fill ups made usually with about 4 liters remaining.
    As I switched from non-synthetic Prennzoil TC for break-in fairly early on, well over 50 quarts of Lucas Semi-synthetic TC rated oil were used. Probably close to 60 quarts.

We had many adventures, including two trips to Wisconsin Dells. Nearly all of them are chronicled right here at TrabantForums.

Comrade Trabi is showing a little wear but sounds ready to start another 40,000 anytime we want.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    frogbros, Aaron and Justin like this.
  2. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

Perfect. :)
    Now i know what i am up to in my trabi. :D
    I have to use it all year around, since i cant afford having two cars, but maybe later i can get a 1990'ies banger for the winter time. :)
  3. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

Fantastic! While showroom condition cars are nice, I really think these little cars look better with a bit of scruff…
  4. Aaron

Aaron Leader

Thats pretty impressive Keri. Congrats and keep the tech tips coming as you accumulate miles
  5. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Thank you for the update Keri, as Aaron said, keep it coming!