1. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

turbofiat124, have anything neat you want to trade for my MG?
  2. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

Sorry no offense but I'm not much into British cars. But I almost got into them. When I was looking for a small sportscar convertible back in the early 90s I was after an MGB or Spitfire. But after talking to mechanics they told me if I wanted something like this to go with a Fiat Spider because they were more "reliable"...
  3. Brian Krustchinsky

Brian Krustchinsky Loyal Comrade

what kind of MG is it Justin
  4. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

It sold just have to wait for him to pick it up (Monday- Tues ) I will defently tell him about this site again, you all have been great good luck with all of your cars . I took a beating on it but it sounds like it will be enjoyed by the new owner.
  5. Brian Krustchinsky

cool, what did you buy? I am a VW nut as well, Got at 65 Kombi, 71 Super Vert, 64 Type III ghia, 71 Westy, 57 Oval Rag
  6. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Well I am sorry to see you go on it Len B. Congrats on the sale though. Also, thank you for telling him about the site. It's a good way to keep up with owners and we are happy to help new Trabi friends :)

Brian Krustchinsky, it's a 1980 MGB, some more pictures of it can be seen here : http://trabantforums.com/threads/my-other-classic-car.13/
    If you have interest in it, let me know and I'll get you the craigslist ad along with anything else you want.

turbofiat124, No offense taken. My first car was a 77 X1/9 and I vowed to never own another Fiat again. Although I ALWAYS had an affinity for the 1800 and 2000 Spyder as well as the 850.

Ideally I would like to trade the MG for a 89-91 RX7 Turbo II Convertible, an Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, a Porsche 914, some kind of nifty VW or something else weird. Overall I'm pretty open.
  7. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Brian Krustchinsky, I would trade you in a heartbeat for your Type III :) well pretty much anything on your list.
  8. Brian Krustchinsky

Well my Type III ghia not for sale, would might trade for a MGA or MG-TD, not into any MG newer that 73, thats the last of the chrome bumpers, thanks for the offer
  9. Brian Krustchinsky

10. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Well for an RB MGB mine isn't too bad :) If you every do want to trade for something, let me know.
  11. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

So Justin...are you selling your MGB?
  12. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

13. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

Very nice collection you have there Brian. I bought a 85 Porsche 911 3.2. I still have my Bug ,and Dune Buggy . Dune Buggy is a work in progress, Bug has full air ride 73 bug converted to look like a 60's bug, smoothed dash and interior. bl5.jpg bugout66-1.jpg spoiler buggy 156.jpg
  14. Brian Krustchinsky

Nice Porsche, I sold my 1970 911 last year a bought me a 2011 Corvette Grand Sport to drive daily, I like that dune buggy
  15. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

Thay will be for sale after this winter . i want to finish it first... or if the price is right I will sell it now.;)
  16. Brian Krustchinsky

pan chasis or tube? who makes the body?
  17. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

VW chasis with 1 x 3 square tube on outer body and 16 gage floor with bead rolls in it for stiffness. The body style is a Spoiler made by dessert fox, Very thick and well made. I also made a custome dash for it. If you go to web site thesamba.com and look a Len's spoiler buggy you can see the progress.
  18. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

OK , I sold the car the new owner was very nice and excited to have the Trabi. I told him about this site and how great you all have been. I wish you all well and will visit often. New owner is from Queens NY.
  19. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Well we have the "Other Vehicles" section.....feel free to keep us updated on your other toys and whatever you get to take the place of the Trabant.....Glad that you found it a good home.
  20. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

Fogot to say it sold ,, I had someone call me about it.