1. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

I'm having a guy print off an overlay in MPH for my Trabant in a vinyl stickers. The guy was really busy yesterday so I told him to print off a test sticker to see how well it turned out and get back with me when he got time.

I told him to print off several in case I messed it up applying it and perhaps if anybody else was interested in one.

The plan is to trim around the odometer and use a gasket hole punch around the warning lights. And also print it slightly larger diameter. That way once applied a razor blade could be used to trim off an excess material.

If any of you guys are interested, let me know and I'll have some additional stickers printed off.

[​IMG]
  2. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

I am interested in one of those. Easier than mentally converting km to miles when driving, and I have something similar on my Honda VFR400R.
  3. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

Well, after the guy printed it off, it looked like crap. You can't tell it in the phone but there are green lines through the black portion and the numbers are not as white. I'm thinking if he had printed it off in black/white it might have turned out better.

[​IMG]

He didn't really seem like he was too interested in this project. When I called him up 2 days later, he said he had not gotten around to printing one off (or forgot about it) but to give him an hour and he would. When I got to his shop, he was playing solitaire on his computer and then printed it off.

I think he could have done something to make it look better. I've bought vinyl stickers off Ebay that looks quite nice.

I've got a few more ideas. We have a label maker at work we use to print labels to go on columns, tanks and lines. I could print one off in gloss black with no writing and place stickers over top of it.

The other idea is to convert the photo to where the white is black and the white is black. If that makes sense. That might look odd but better.
  4. You know that a trabant would only get a speed related ticket is for going to slow for traffic