1. Luke

Luke Loyal Comrade

Hello all

I am only able to open my passenger door from the outside the car, the door handle on the interior is likely disconnected from the actual latching mechanism (I assume just a cable). Does anyone have tips on the best way to remove the interior door panels so I can access the cable that may be disconnected?

I also wanted to see if anyone based in the USA has tips on where to buy a fuel shut off solenoid for the 6mm inner diameter fuel hose? It doesn't need to be the same as the one listed on Trabantwelt.de (link below) but if it was the same that would be ideal.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe/healthy :)

https://www.trabantwelt.de/Trabant-...::2283.html?MODsid=r3k08sjfffke4bbbtviman2tf3
    trabant601 likes this.
  2. Berlin89

Berlin89 Puttering Along

I may have had the same problem with the door mechanism a few years ago. It was something to do with opening the door/latching, something like that. I pulled the door panel off from the inside, it was pretty easy. I think there were just these little tabs to pop off. Ended up lubricating the latching mechanism and that solved it.
    trabant601 likes this.
  3. Luke

Luke Loyal Comrade

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try
    trabant601 likes this.
  4. Luke

Luke Loyal Comrade

Got it open and the cable had rusted and snapped, will be making a trip to the hardware store to pickup a replacement soon :)
    Berlin89 and trabant601 like this.
  5. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I'm surprised more people didn't reply to you. It happens to the door. Interestingly, I only had it happen to the passenger door and it is going on again now. Next nice day I'll be out there figuring it out again. On one of mine the driver door key hole push barrel comes out. I'll have to get to that by replacing the handle. yet another key to manage.
  6. A Spooky Ghost

A Spooky Ghost Loyal Comrade

Just a thought. You can take apart the door handle lock tumbler, and remove-and or file down the key tumblers inside. They are just in there with springs. I did it to my 601. Got tired of not having a key for the door.