1. Trabant Forums is now part of the AutoShrine Network and has moved to a new server
    If anything broke during the move, please contact admin@trabantforums.com
  1. Rangie999

Rangie999 Puttering Along

Still new to the whole Trabbi thing.... Mines not been back on the road long after many years resting. Still a few things to do but it gets about alright.
    I am based in East Anglia on the Waveney Valley and was wondering how many on here are close by and should we maybe do a little meet up? Nothing heavy but I don't think I will make it all the way up north for the regular IFA club things this year?
    Let me know if you are up for a drive by or something and I will try to set something up.
    Matthew
  2. Berlin89

Berlin89 Puttering Along

My Trabbi lives just west of Thetford.
  3. Rangie999

Yay that's two..... I wonder how many there are around us?
  4. Jeff

Jeff Puttering Along

Sorry near Manchester but if there is anything organised sometime ??
  5. I am looking for one at the moment,I'm near Bury St Edmunds.
  6. Berlin89

Berlin89 Puttering Along

I'd be interested in getting the cars together for a meet.
  7. Rangie999

Sounds like a plan... More than 2 cars would be good if we can get some. I notice that there is one for sale in Wymondham on eBay going for a few quid already, wonder if it will stay local?!
    My cars not been back on the road for very long after about 20 years I think so seeing some more regularly exercised ones will be interesting.
  8. Berlin89

Berlin89 Puttering Along

I've seen a few Trabants for sale online in the area the last few years. Haven't witnessed on the road however. Maybe it's time for that to change :)
  9. Rangie999

Time for a convoy!!!
  10. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

Sorry near to sheffiel
  11. kev the builder

That should have been Sheffield
  12. Rangie999

Sheffields good but a bit out of territory..... Will need my passport to get out of Norfolk!! So far it's just the 2 of us which is cosy but a start. Not sure what you call a collection of Trabbi ..... A smoke perhaps? Will keep chasing round as their must be more crazy car people roundabouts...
  13. kev the builder

A smoke ! I like that there must be some more around,but I went to a car show on bank holiday Monday there was loads of cars there but only 1 trabi,mine
  14. Rangie999

This hasn't gone so well...... There must be more in East Anglia? So far it's been one car cruises!! I've managed a whole 350kms already this month so I'm doing something right!!
  15. Bought mine,but it's still ooop north waiting to be trailered down,when it's here I'll contact you re: a meet.
  16. Rangie999

Excellent news... That should make 3!? What did you buy?
  17. 1990 601 in Panama grun
  18. Rangie999

Wow.... Just seen the pictures. That looks fantastic! How does it run? Need any work? Although I suppose they all need a little work thinking about it!!
  19. It runs well,although I've only driven it five miles!
    I'm sure it needs jobs doing,can't wait to get stuck in.