1. Trabant Forums is now part of the AutoShrine Network and has moved to a new server
    If anything broke during the move, please contact admin@trabantforums.com
  1. Keri likes this.
  2. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

The smell of my Trabi is one of my favorite smells.
    michiel76 and Keri like this.
  3. Keri

Keri Leader

ROFLOL!

The perfect gift for those so unfortunate as to have never experienced the real thing.

Can also be used to ward off Ancient Mayans, who after their failed attempt at World Eradication (foiled by Trabants on 21 Dec 2012) have resorted to random acts of idiocy...
  4. DaveinOz

DaveinOz Aussie Trabant Nutter Forum Donor

Well, Mercedes-Benz sells their own perfume now, so why not?!

Or you can do like I do and mow the lawn with our trusty old two-stroke lawnmower and after 30mins you have the fragrance throughout your clothes, hair, underpants.

2-stroke is the manly cologne! :D
    michiel76 likes this.
  5. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Agree,no other fragrance smells like 2-stroke!
  6. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

wife always knows when i have driven the car
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  7. VADOC

VADOC Premium Member Forum Donor

My Trabant has a rather unpleasant smell if the carpets or trunk get wet
  8. Keri

Keri Leader

That is the optional Bourgeoisie Repellant System in action, which is water-activated.

If you find the odor objectionable, there is a chance you might have been infected with Bourgeios (over)sensitivity.

If left untreated, this can lead to potentially serious complications, such as thinning of the skin, narcissism and meglomania. Symptoms include excessive and compulsive bathing and grooming.

Treatment is simple, if you have already been adopted by a Trabant.
    Merely continue driving your loyal comrade, who will dutifully perform the necessary therapy. Your infection should fade over time, and the odor will become less objectionable!
  9. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

If you let it get too bad, inside..."the microbes" WILL, if asked, give you a shoulder massage, as you drive along!.........Much better, than those beaded seat covers, of the 80's and 90's!!...LOL.
    Keri likes this.
  10. Keri

Keri Leader

Even better, the microbial Comrades will determine on their own if you need a shoulder massage and set about the task unaided!
    It's an optional feature listed in part MIXVIII (page 940)* of the "Rights and Responsibilities of Microscopic Comrades" section of the Constitution of USSR and affiliated territories.
    Incidentally, Beaded Seat Covers or BSC's, were specifically prohibited as unfair workplace competition for the Microbial Comrades.

* pg 940 of a 939 pg book
  11. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

How could I have forgotten,...as we had to recite the tombe, each Friday morning, before stripping a 601 points box contents and reassembling?!

If I recall correctly however, the Bead Covers were mainly outlawed by the authorities,...as the "Sachsenring Workers Social Club" members, were found once incognito in some of their tool sheds, turning beads on home-made foot operated lathes ,...for exporting the components to the WEST?..............................
    Keri likes this.
  12. Keri

Keri Leader

You were on the points box stripping detail? Lucky!
    We had the "Stripping the Freewheel from a fully-assembled 601 WHILE reciting* the Constitution" detail.

It is not widely known, but the Sachsenring Workers Social Club Homemade Bead Scandal was actually part of a West-fabricated misinformation campaign that ultimately led to the destruction of the Union. The beads were made by starving children chained to their workbenches in various NATO countries (including USA), smuggled into the DDR and planted in workers toolsheds across the country.
    The foot-operated lathes were a popular form of winter exercise. Prior to being repurposed as home exercise equipment, they were used for making desktop flagstaffs in the late '30s of the last century.

* по-русски / in Russian. Fortunately, it was always projected karaoke-style on the wall to avoid getting our personal copies dirty.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  13. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Great!

Think there's a niche for peddling some DDR-type desktop goodies?!

Poss. Mr Trump might like some trinkets, to adorn the Oval Office table and desk tops?...
    Keri likes this.
  14. Keri

Keri Leader

DDR Desktop Goodies are extremely popular worldwide*.
    I'm sure that Mr. Trump already has plenty what with his numerous ties to Russian mobsters, oops! Respectable Businessmen**.

* careful, or I'll have to award you one of my clocks... as seen on the trabant memorabilia page... http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/trabant-memorabilia-what-stuff-do-you-have.854/

** In Russia as well as in USA, the difference between "Mobster" and "Respectable Businessman" is merely the number of syllables.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  15. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Very smart...in Papyrus white, that has bleached!!

I'd be very honoured one day, when I have had enough discussions about Trabant-type things.

Seriously....the weirdest things that I came accross Trabi-wise, were on a website of German Trabant parts supplier......A PAIR OF SACHSENRING LOGO, CARVED, OLIVE WOOD,.. "EARPLUGS"!!!!!

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT, or "THOSE", ALL ABOUT?!!

I will try and find the pic and paste it onto this thread, IF I can manage it.
    Keri likes this.
  16. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Here they are...buried on the Trabantwelt site!!

Hopefully, they won't mind me having plagerised them from it, for every ones' enjoyment/amusement?.....

Attached Files:

17. Keri

Keri Leader

Sounds like either:
    the Rallye Trabant Werks essential operator safety equipment for un-silenced racing motors
    or
    the hearing protectors included in the toolkit for use in case of loosened exhaust system.
    or
    Fashion Ear accessories for those with overly acute hearing and/or non-pierced ear lobes.
  18. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Perhaps the makers of them, think that all Trabant owners/occupants need to have a pair, to safeguard their hearing??....

I must admit that I probably WILL need some, when my 600RS is finally restored and put onto the U.K. highways, with it's Trabantwelt 45mm sports exhaust...
  19. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

SORRY,...PRESSED THE ENTER BUTTON, AFTER A 9 TOO,...BY ACCIDENT!

Clever "plug" for Trabantwelt, for having posted their pic, hey?!

Good trade off!
  20. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

pardon that did you say! i also saw the carved ear plugs and thought what the hells that about cant you use some old bits rag like the rest of us,carved wooden ear plugs how decatant