1. frogbros

frogbros Von Trabi Forum Donor

2. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

I got in on the bidding action, but quit at $3,500. The reserve is set for $7,500...I would be surprised if it gets any higher than it is now.
    frogbros likes this.
  3. frogbros

I did as we'll and bid $3001.00
  4. JASONCHAD

The bidding is up to $6,500. It is a nice car, but someone must really want it. I am a little skeptical. I wouldn't be surprised if the seller is bidding up the price on his own car to set high expectations, re-list it after the auction ends, and hope for a higher sale price. I have seen that done on other specialty cars, usually such tactics don't work. I think we will see this car again.
    frogbros likes this.
  5. frogbros

he is selling a few EBCs
  6. Kieth Reed

Kieth Reed Puttering Along

I was interested and bid till 5K. The seller still wants 6,600. In your opinion(s) what is a good price for the car? Was actually hoping for around 4K.
  7. JASONCHAD

8. Kieth Reed

Kieth Reed Puttering Along

Thanks for the advice.
  9. VADOC

VADOC Premium Member Forum Donor

i stopped $4200.
    but from the looks of the car someone did put some effort in it
    my philosophy is buy the best you can afford, a cheap car initially usually costs more in the long run
    Justin likes this.
  10. VADOC

The electronic ignition does away with the need for a distributor cap.
    bid with confidence!
    Justin likes this.
  11. JASONCHAD

There are 2 Florida Trabants on eBay right now.
    If anyone knows anyone looking for a nice Trabant, here are a couple good examples.
  12. VADOC

the white one in Fort Lauderdale has been relisted, apparently a no-sale at 6500. From the pictures it seems a little nicer than the beige one in Miami ( that one is currently 39oo but reserve not met)
    The cryptic comment I posted above about electronic ignition and distributor caps is from the miami car description
  13. Brian Krustchinsky

Brian Krustchinsky Loyal Comrade

There will a third trabbi on eBay buy the weekend