This may or may not apply to the EBZA system but when I setup my aftermarket electronic ignition system, I had a devil of a time trying to get the static timing set to TDC. It took me five attempts. The first problem was the 6 to 12 volt converter on the board fried almost immedietly for some reason. When the ring of magnets slides onto the points lobe, it "feels" like it goes on correctly but doesn't. I found TDC on #1 cylinder and #2, cylinders. I used one of those small slide rulers that fits in your shift pocket. I've since purchased one of those cheap depth guage tools but haven't used it. I made my reference marks on the engine block and crankshaft pulley for each cylinder then used a timing light to figure out when the ignition was firing. This is a first . I've never checked the ignition timing using a timing light with the engine NOT running. Turn the ignition on and rotate the engine over clockwise by hand slowly until the light flashes. After doing this, I realized the engine was firing something like 10 degrees ATDC. So I removed the plastic ring and kept moving it back a few degrees, rotated the engine again over and over a few times until the light flashed when the marked lined up. Made some reference marks with white paint just in case. Then tightened the set screw and started the engine. Now it finally runs! Then rotated the plate until the #1 cylinder marks were aligned. Luckily my engine was not out of phase so #1 and #2 cylinders were spot on.