1. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

The Fredericksburg branch of the AACA hosted a virtual car show this last weekend on their facebook page. I entered my green 1984 Wartburg and received many likes and comments. There were also Trabants present. It turned out to be a pretty pleasant experience overall. Has anyone else tried a virtual car show yet? Oh, and they even distributed real dash plaques; cool eh.
  2. 1983JZR3W

1983JZR3W Puttering Along

There has not been any virtual car shows in my part of Florida, yet. It does seem like a very good idea, though.
  3. Wartburg353W

Yeah maybe it won't take off now that things are opening up again. Now the local guys are meeting in their cars in a parking lot and driving somewhere in a column. You get to drive your car and theoretically keep your social distance from everyone. I'm wishing we had a local drive in theater!
  4. A Spooky Ghost

A Spooky Ghost Loyal Comrade

We have a drive in near us. They claim it is one of the last left. If it starts at dark, people start lining up 3 hours before. For now they want you to have a mask. Other than that it's normal. http://www.thefamilydriveintheatre.com/

They always have a car show near the end of summer. The Trabi draws em in!
  5. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Yes, Wartburg353W, that was a pretty fun day at the virtual car show. I was there with a Trabant and a Chevy. http://www.49erdrivein.com/Home_Page.html You might recall this from when you lived in the area and in Valpo directly. The have not opened up yet even though Porter Co. got the green light to open things and now the state is starting to open more.
  6. Wartburg353W

That is a shame about the 49er being closed. There is a drive-in in VA that opened last weekend and has been selling out every show. I think they are only using half the spaces and doing other things to keep people distant from each other. But I expected this sort of drive in entertainment to really take off; I mean like showing movies on blank walls in dark parking lots, but it just hasn't for some reason.