1. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

I found this DDR fog light in a box of parts left for free use in the car club, but there were only one. :(
    I really want something like this on my trabi, because in the mornings we have quite a lot of fog in this area, and they look good on the car. :D

Is this original for the trabant?
    [​IMG]
    2013-10-18 19.41.02
    by mati0921, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    2013-10-18 19.42.31
    by mati0921, on Flickr
    H3 halogen bulps fit it, and there is no major rust on the inside. so i just have to find another one like it, or drill a hole in the roof and use it as searchlight. :D
  2. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Sure looks like an East German item to me. In my book, that makes it "original" to a Trabant. Often they say "Ruhla" or "FER" on them. I think if you look on German Ebay you'll find plenty of them in sets. I do think the round ones look better on Trabants than the rectangles. Oh and if you get a set, you'll want the red one for the rear of the car as well!
  3. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

I'm going to be installing a set of these Eagle Eye auxillary lights on my Trabbi:

[​IMG]

They are not DDR equiptment (rather Made in China) but have a chrome housing.

Yeah there are lots of DDR auxillary lights on Ebay.de .
  4. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

I alread have the red light on the back, as well as the reverse light, so i just meed a set of something like this. :)
  5. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Those are great to have on a Trabant. I hope you find a pair. I have a pair I saved from one of the two Trabants I sold to the Museum and will put them on the recent project Trabant. They look great and work well.
  6. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

I was at a parts market today and found this:
    [​IMG]
    2013-10-19 19.45.23
    by mati0921, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    2013-10-19 19.45.33
    by mati0921, on Flickr
    They need a service with new paint and a homemade bracket. :)
    Sadly the glass have a few chips, but the housing is rust-free. :D

The guy had 3 of them, so now i have a pair of different fog lights too:
    [​IMG]
    2013-10-19 19.45.54
    by mati0921, on Flickr

I also found a radio:
    [​IMG]
    2013-10-19 19.46.27
    by mati0921, on Flickr
    this is a bit shorter, so it does not collide with the airfunnel behind the dash as the old one did, and this can not be reversed in polarity, so it should survive me. :D

Also found some other stuff, but that belongs in another thread. :)
  7. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

No photos as of yet but I modified a Hella red fog lamp as a brake/tail light for my Tomos I am trying to make street legal. I used a Chrysler side marker light socket and a 5 watt bulb for the park light and the original bulb socket will be the brake light. Like I said before I maybe waisting my time on this bike trying to turn it into a street legal moped. Now if I can put a number plate on the back of it and register it no problem but this bike does not even have a VIN number!