Framo originally manufactured auto fittings for DKW but started building autos in the 1920s when they fitted a single cylinder DKW engine on a 3 wheeled 'lasten' (delivery) cart. It was a very cheap machine and sold well. Auto Union managing director, Jorgen Rassmussen, bought Framo and kept the company as his own private experimental company. Framo experimented with three wheeled cars, a racer and a 'volkswagen' in the early 1930s, but its bread and butter was light trucks (or lorries). The Framo V900 was powered by the ubiquitous 3=6 engine that seemed to power all East German vehicles in the 1950s-80s. A very western looking advertisement for Framo Lastenwagens. Notice the cars in the background - they look suspiciously like Goliath 700s, a short lived two stroke engined sportscar. A contemporary photo of some happy holidaymakers with their Framo wagon, overlooked by the town of Meissen, south of Dresden. A photo of a Framo from the Framo museum exhibit. This photo was taken by Mark during his tour of old East German car museums. Here's a link to his post - http://wartburg353knight.blogspot.com/2011/03/framobarkas-museum-in-frankenburg.html The Framo was later completely updated with a new front over cab and became the Barkas 1000.