1. Trabant Forums is now part of the AutoShrine Network and has moved to a new server
    If anything broke during the move, please contact admin@trabantforums.com
  1. Keri

Keri Leader

Mission Accomplished! Stuff Gone

Is your garage too tidy?
    Looking for some useless broken parts to clutter things up, or maybe start conversations with?

Or maybe you would like to repair stuff that even I consider beyond use!

In any case, Comrade Trabi came packed to the roof with spare parts, many of them broken or useless.

Here are some of the things I just can't bear to throw away, but am most unlikely to ever use....

1- Not one, but TWO junk crankshafts! Big, heavy, dirty and oily, one has a fairly new set of main bearings with only a few thousand km. Both have seized rod bearings. Perfect for practicing crankshaft rebuilding, holding down loads of paper or even holding a door open! Possibly useful as a core, but the shipping charge exceeds the core credit....

2- a fairly trashed crankcase, cleaned and empty. This one is pretty beat up. Maybe cut it apart to adapt an electric motor to a Trabi transmission?

3- a cylinder or two, without matching pistons. Stripped out head bolt holes, with helicoils. bored oversized with a rigid hone.

4- some 6v ignition coils. Maybe some 6v headlight shells.

5- Various starter motor parts. Nothing useful, like brushes, starter drives or solenoids.

6- a flywheel, of the rubber seal variety. The ring gear is pretty chewed up, but can be flipped over.

7- various carburetor parts
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  2. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

Keri, haven't seen you around the forum lately. Good luck finding a good home for the parts. I am in the same boat as you, boxes full of used parts collecting dust in my garage.
    Keri likes this.
  3. BillB

BillB Loyal Comrade Administrator Forum Donor

Hello Keri!
    I have a home for wayward Trabi parts and I'll even come pick them up!
    I'm like the "Got Junk" guy for Trabant stuff.
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  4. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

We're bringing a trailer to DC/VA at the beginning of November. Anybody wants to get rid of anything, let me know, we'll be happy to take it off your hands, if we have room.
    BillB likes this.
  5. Tim S

Tim S Just Slow, Not Stalin Forum Donor

Sorry I found this late.... Like Bill B, I'd walk a mile in the desert for ANY Trabi parts... This car has become my passion and obsession!