1. DDR

DDR Loyal Comrade

Ok, being new to Trabi's this may sound like a ridiculous question. I have just checked my lights on the Kombi and yes they come on...Lovely ..however, I cannot find the main beam switch . I have got dipped (normal ) beam . The switch on the dash has three positions OFF - SIDE LIGHTS - DIPPED BEAM. Is this normal ? am I looking for a non existing HIGH beam ?
  2. TNTrabi

TNTrabi Lord Trabi Forum Donor

With the ignition on and the headlights on, pull back on the turn signal lever (toward the rear of the vehicle) and they should switch to high beam. Pushing forward on the lever should sound the horn. With the lights on high beam, pulling back on the lever again should switch them back to low beam.
  3. DDR

DDR Loyal Comrade

Ah!, Yes thanks TNTrabi , I switched ignition on and pulled back the lever and 'clonk' I could hear a relay click in. In Britain, most cars MAIN beam switching has a positive feel to it, The Trabi lever felt at its limit or possibly jammed, it was only when ignition was on then the relay could activate . But it all works anyway !
  4. TNTrabi

TNTrabi Lord Trabi Forum Donor

If you have the ignition on and the headlamps off, pulling back on the lever makes the 'flash to pass lights activate'. Lots of quirks on these cars. Enjoy!