1. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

Hello, Just wanted to say hi, I love this site it has helped me out many of times. I bought a 1985 Trabant 601s limousine from Mike in Baltimore. This car is very solid and nice. It is bright green ( not to keen on the color) I will be painting it later. I just cleaned and buffed the paint a little. The car is complete and runs great. The only thing that I need is a set of front seats for it,previous owner put in aftermarket seats.
    I will take some pictures just have been very busy
    Nice to meet you all
    Len B
  2. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Len B, watch around November in your area too, they always do a meet at the Spy Museum in D.C. around the Berlin Wall Fall Anniversay
  3. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

Painted the wheels and buffed out the paint a little, I will post more pics. I painted the wheels again and have new tires for her ( I call her Bing Bing)
    View attachment 219

Attached Files:

4. Brian Krustchinsky

Brian Krustchinsky Loyal Comrade

Len, looks great, I like the color it stands out.
  5. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Agreed, car is looking good!
  6. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

New tires and sand blasted the wheels and painted them white.
    001.jpg
    [/ATTACH] Trabant 029.jpg
  7. Brian Krustchinsky

Brian Krustchinsky Loyal Comrade

8. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

I didn't know how I would feel about the white wheels, but I actually love it. The wheels with the white wall look really good.

If/when you repaint your car you should do the roof white (which will help to reflect heat in the summer) and also add a little matching with the wheels.
  9. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

That is the plan, White top and side stripe
    Justin likes this.
  10. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

Well I just put the tags on her today AND TOOK IT FOR A DIVE . I got thumbs up from a lot of drivers. I also took it to work today and a guy that works across the stree came over and said " I see you have a Trabant my dad has one back home" not sure what country he was from but he was happy to see one in the states.
    Justin likes this.
  11. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Get used to the comments and looks :)
  12. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

That car looks awesome! Where did you find the whitewall tires? Trailer supply? I would like to find some for my 76 Wartburg.
    Jeff
  13. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

Pep Boys Auto. They were $42.00
  14. Aaron

Aaron Leader

Looks good...Was this green a factory color?
  15. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

Yes it it the original paint on it. It sure does get the looks. The green grows on yah.
  16. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Were they $42 each or total?
  17. Len B

Len B Puttering Along

each tire
  18. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

still, not bad, might be the route I go when it's tire time.
  19. notabmw1

notabmw1 Smoking Along

Hey Len, I'm over in Annapolis, MD! We should get together sometime, building 4 other cars right now and have a baby, but I'm off every Friday wrenching. Mainly on the 61 Morris Minor, Mini Estate, and a Mini with Honda transplant.
  20. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

Yall should get together Len B is wanting to lower his car too, would be a good way to get it done.