1. Trabant Forums is now part of the AutoShrine Network and has moved to a new server
    If anything broke during the move, please contact admin@trabantforums.com
  1. Salsabx

Salsabx Newbie

Hello All,

I am a U.S. Guy working in a smaller town in Hungary, I've always loved Trabbies and when I was in Germany they were hard to come by (imagine that). I've been in Hungary for a little over two months and bought a 601S from my neighbour across the street, it runs and drives well with a little freewheel issue. Shifts into 4th then ramps up like it's in neutral. I think the PO put heavy weight gear oil in it. This example cost the Equivalent of $380.00. Overall super happy with the purchase.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wartburg353W and Berlin89 like this.
  2. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Welcome to the forum. Nice car. You are in a great country for the parts for the car.

Andy.
  3. Austinpowers

Austinpowers Loyal Comrade

Welcome and nice little Trabi you have there. Even in Hungary they are a rare site these days.
    What part of Hungary are you staying at? My wife is Hungarian and we drive out there twice a year during the summer. We have a little holiday home at lake Balatonon. We keep a Trabi out there that cruise around in ,and it always gets a lot of attention.We have a few friends out there that are real Trabant nuts and even race them. There are quite a few places in Hungary that do parts for trabi’s and there are some clubs as well.
  4. frogbros

frogbros Von Trabi Forum Donor

5. Caleb

Caleb Loyal Comrade

Welcome! Congrats on the car and great purchase price.
  6. Bill

Bill Smoking Along

Looks like a nice car! Have fun!