1. Ftailefer

Ftailefer Newbie

Hey guys, I just got my hands on a trabant 601 and looking forward to working on it over the winter. Paint is my big concern, does anyone here have experince doing it themselves or would going to a pro be best idea and if so what would approximate cost be?
  2. Bill

Bill Smoking Along

I can only speak for myself, but I outsourced painting to someone else. This was a friend or mine so I can’t tell you what the real cost would be. If you are going to have it repainted and have the window rubber removed, I would certainly get someone with a mobile windshield replacement service to reinstall the glass for you. I guess it is not an easy task. They fought the window installation all afternoon and really earned their fee. After seeing this I know I would have ended up smashing something long before I got the windshield in!
  3. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

if your removing the windscreen your better off cutting the old rubber as it will most likley be perished this make removal easy, refitting is no more difficult than any other old car but its best to do it in a warm enviroment so the glass is a little more pliable
  4. Ftailefer

Ftailefer Newbie

thank you for the advice, wouldnt have thought of it. I am sure i will have many more questions once i get it home.