1. Mike2019

Mike2019 Newbie

Hello all. Finally got round to joining the forum. Have been using it as a source of info for quite a while. Got my 1976 601S a couple of months back. Came with the original docs, plates and such, and was in need only of a bit of TLC (and some welding to the passenger seat which must have made someone really angry as both the ratchet sections were smashed off). It's a really fun little car to drive - now I can find the gears properly.
    Mit sozialistischen Grüßen!
    Mike
    trabant601 likes this.
  2. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Hello welcome. You wouldn't be from Summer Wine territory i.e. Yorkshire would you? Been there a couple times, love it. Is it suited to Trabi fahren? My dad has a white 1976 Wartburg 353W to complement your white 1976.
    Jeff
  3. Mike2019

Mike2019 Newbie

Thanks Jeff. I've visited the Summer Wine area, but we're more over to the west on the Yorkshire/Lancashire border, pushing towards the Lake District. Yep, roads well suited to the Trabi and it's still possible in places to drive for miles and only see one or two other vehicles.
    Mike
    trabant601 likes this.
  4. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Hi Mike, you must be the guy in Low Bentham then, unless there is another Mike with a Trabi in that area. Are you a member of the IFA club UK yet? If not, I would recommend it at only £12 per year, and they have an event coming up this month near Skipton, just down the road from you. It would be good to introduce yourself and your car.
  5. Mike2019

Mike2019 Newbie

Hi Steve. Yep and yep!
    trabant601 likes this.
  6. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

By the way, Your car is 6v right, so just to let you know I have quite a lot of used spares from a 6v car including bulbs, regulator/rectifier, generator, starter motor, complete engine, switches, headlamp dip relays, wiper motor, contact breakers (new), etc. Messenger is probably best to contact me, or use the "start a conversation" facility on here.
  7. Mike2019

Mike2019 Newbie

Useful to know, ta. Are you going to the Embsay meet?
    trabant601 likes this.
  8. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Yes on the Friday lunchtime just to call in and deliver some parts for other people. Then onwards to Cheshire for another non- Trabi event booked by my other half. Grrr.
  9. Mike2019

Mike2019 Newbie

lol. Unfortunately we're tied up until the Sunday morning so we'll go straight to the station.
    trabant601 likes this.
  10. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

We'll be returning in the late afternoon up the M6 then off at Tebay so pass not far from Low Bentham.
  11. Mike2019

Mike2019 Newbie

I guess that's when we'll be heading back from Embsay or you'd be welcome to pop in for a cuppa and a compare of engine noises...
    trabant601 likes this.
  12. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

If you send me the address by start a conversation on this forum I will try and call on our return.
  13. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Hello Mike,
    Welcome! Have fun!
    Eric
  14. Mike2019

Mike2019 Newbie

Danke Eric!