Hello guys
    Willy,North France,near Lille
    owner of trabant 601S, since september
    need infos for restart the car
    =hose gas (mine drip)
    what do you think of this adapter ?
    (see pictures)
    =brakes (change or control that)
    see too,maybe change at 4X100 for many rims of vw and others,easily find)
    =tyres (burned,dry with time)
    =interior,think recover skai Dashboard
    =exhaust,i would why not,just a exhaust on the compartiment motor like a member here (Gill)
    =activate the horn (mine doesn't work),it's well bring back to yourself the lever for horn ?)
    =which is utility of fuse number 9 (horn ?)
    :)
    i search too a calander/grill origin,if possible blue
    thank's for all

Attached Files:

2. Willy601

Willy601 Newbie

Here my trabi

Attached Files:

3. Willy601

Willy601 Newbie

4. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Hello and welcome to the group. I have Wartburgs not a Trabant, but it's sort of related! The fuel hose is standard stuff you can buy at any auto parts store. The tires are out there, you just have to look around; there are online tire shops. All the brake parts are available from internet sellers such as Danzer Autoteile in Chemnitz. They also have exhaust parts and most everything else for a Trabant. You need to get online and buy an owner's manual or a repair manual and they will have the wiring diagram you need to fix your horn. Or just follow the wires from the switch to the relay and see where it is disconnected or burned. Test the horn itself by touching it with a hot wire. Switch the fuse with another temporarily to see if that makes a difference. Just remember where it goes! I wouldn't start trying to modify your exhaust or other stuff at least until you have all the problems worked out. Trabant parts are cheap and easy to find!
    Jeff
  5. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Were you able to find a manual? They are available in English and many other languages. Should get you off to a good start with your repairs.