1. antpeter

antpeter Newbie

Dear clubmates,
    my name is Peter and I'd like to show my Trabi,which is special around the others.It has a hydraulic system which helps me to drive my car without clutch.It was made in 1988,but it is total different at the same model.It has got older metal dashboard with manual windscreen washer.
    When I bought it there was an oil leakage,I had to exchange the flexible oil pipes,but now it works very well.I live in Hungary near to the Lake Balaton.In my country so many parts of Trabant are available,and everything is ridiculously cheap,I like it.
    Guess what,when I had bought my car,I was driving home,when suddenly The rear left tire became flat.There was no chance to change it,because the spare tire was also flat....Next day when I went back my Trabi,there was a text on the windscreen,somebody offered me enough much money to buy it.Of course I refused selling it.Beside my Trabi I have got an old Skoda s100,which is under restoration,I hope itwill be ready soon.

Attached Files:

greasyfil likes this.
  2. Tenacious

Tenacious Newbie

Handsome Trabi you've got there. As a westerner who hasn't seen many Trabants (and certainly none in daily use) its amazing to think there are still ordinary drivers out in Eastern Europe who use one as their backup or even main car.
  3. antpeter

antpeter Newbie

Hello,thank you.You are right,that's amazing.Despite of the regurarly using of my Trabi,I would like to protect it,and sometimes I wash the car,mainly the metal frame,because in winter time the roads are salted.
    I wish you merry Christmas!
  4. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Welcome. Very nice looking car. I would also like to see your Skoda.

Andy.
  5. antpeter

antpeter Newbie

Thanks.Where do you live?I'm so surprised how many Trabants have been exported around the world.
    My Skoda is 42years old,this summer I tore down to pieces for restoration.I hope it will be ready for spring,because I should take it to MOT.
    Guess what,my Trabi gave me an unexpected movement in the parking lot,last weekend.I didn't pull the handbrake,because I afraid of freeze it.Instead of I chose the first gear,like I used to another car.However that's a hycomat,and it went away almost 2meters,and it stood half on the road.That was funny as a surprise,next time I will be cautious.Merry Christmas!

Attached Files:

6. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Your Skoda looks great. I'm not sure if there are many of that model, here in the UK.

Andy.
  7. antpeter

antpeter Newbie

Thanks.Anyway let me show you the new update of my Trabi.That tachometer is originated from my earlier scooter.It fits on the dashboard very well.
  8. antpeter

antpeter Newbie

Tge missing photo.

Attached Files:

9. greasyfil

greasyfil Newbie

Hi are you thinking of setting up a business to supply Trabant parts at low prices? the West Germans are charging a fortune for parts and postage