1. Trabant Forums is now part of the AutoShrine Network and has moved to a new server
    If anything broke during the move, please contact admin@trabantforums.com
  1. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

During my recent charity trip, I met up with a Trabant owning Swiss guy, Philip Hostettler and his family. He turned up by chance at Land's End 5 minutes after I arrived, although he knew I was planning to reach Land's End that day because he was following a Trabant Facebook site. So there was Philip, his partner and 2 young kids, and all their luggage crammed into the Trabant and what was really cool was he had the rooftop tent which he offered to show me erected and ready for use. And here it is

Landsend5.jpg

Landsend4.jpg

Landsend3.jpg

And packed down again.

Landsend6.jpg

I think I want one!
  2. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

I want one but the prices are shockingly high. They look great.

Andy.
  3. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

4. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

€1750 is more than i paid for both of my trabants. I will just have to admire them :)
  5. VADOC

VADOC Premium Member Forum Donor

21c8f033586c25d7ead4659791643f63--car-tent-die-ddr.jpg I have been told there is a tent in this photo, but can't seem to find it
  6. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

Yeah, that's Phi, he's on this forum. I guess that's why he hasn't answer my post, he's on holiday!
  7. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Is there anybody on this forum prepared to pay half the price stated above for a second hand one in reasonable condition. (£750) . I may be able to get my hands on one, but my other half won't sleep under canvas. She is a
    caravan person. You can PM me on this forum.
  8. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

they are cool saw my first one in germany. i would so want one to put up at big shows here in the usa but many people would not understand them
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  9. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

True. I find the Trabant, to most Americans, is "the car from another planet".