1. Spacker

Spacker Newbie

Hello, I'm in a bit of a predicament - I've bought a Trabant just outside of Stuttgart, Germany, and I'd like to import it to my home in Toronto Canada. Could anyone recommend me a reputable shipping company that would take my beloved Trabi from Stuttgart --> Toronto? Thank you all for your time. Any helpful tips would also be appreciated.
  2. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Did you have someone in Stuttgart helping you with the purchase? They would be the ones to tap for a shipper- at least to get it as far as a German or Dutch port. From there you can choose an overseas shipper based on their rates to wherever you want to pick it up.
  3. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

Just remember: it's at least one Euro per km to ship it inland to Bremerhaven. 686 km, the shortest route. 615 km to Rotterdam.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  4. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

5. Spacker

Spacker Newbie

The car is sitting near Grenoble, France in our warehouse (family business). I was moving my business outside of Toronto at the time, so I got caught up in that. Was thinking I'd make a follow-up thread soon to share containers with other members who are interested in shipping to split costs. Thank you both for your help.