1. A Spooky Ghost

A Spooky Ghost Loyal Comrade

So yet again a wayward oddball thing finds it's way to me. This time a Russian Izh Planeta 5 cycle/sidecar. It is a 350cc, two stroke bike. She be kick start only, with a decompression lever too.

Claims to only have 50 miles on it. Which I find suspicious, but the factory tires still have the nubs!

I'm cleaning out the tank, and carb right now. Nothing like New Old Stock right? :cool:

For now it is squeezed right beside me trabi.

izh.jpg izh1.jpg izh3.jpg izh4.jpg
  2. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

how old is it . Will you be able to legally register it ?
  3. A Spooky Ghost

It has a title, so yes on the registering it.

As for a year,...... I really don't know. This is very common with odd imported vehicles here. The paper work says one thing, when you kinda know otherwise. At best guess early 90's.

Either way it started last night. Sounds like 4 angry trabi's in a tug of war. Quite the racket! :cool:
  4. 1983JZR3W

1983JZR3W Puttering Along

Currently on E Bay, there are two of those for sale. Neither have a sidecar, but the gasser is $13,000 plus and the diesel is $100,000. I had no idea they were that valuable. They are listed on motorcycles under "other" for brand.
  5. A Spooky Ghost

Yeah somehow I don't think they are worth that. In Russia a decent condition one is a few hundred $'s. Notice they are in Russia? Mine was in NY....

For crap sake, mine has 50 miles on it..... Now it isn't a one off factory diesel. Or exactly rare by the brand....

Just obscure for this part of the world.

Not to mention I plan to ring every bit of life out of it too!
    1983JZR3W likes this.