1. Braxton

Braxton Newbie

Hey guys I'm looking for a trabant to restore i have 200$ cash right now but I'm still saving whale looking for a trabi maybe someone could help?
  2. Rangie999

Rangie999 Puttering Along

Why don't you post on every subject line.... just to make everyone really want to help you??
  3. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Hey the dude is saving whales ! Respect due
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  4. Trabant_Mike

Trabant_Mike Puttering Along

Well luckily I'm the Prince of Nigeria and I have $999,999,999 to transfer into your bank account. All I need is $200 to make the transfer and it's all yours. Then you can not only buy a Trabant, but also purchase and re-open the Zwickau factory for Trabi production; along with half of the former Eastern Block to market and flog your revived product too.
  5. Braxton

Braxton Newbie

Just thought if i posted something on all the recently viewed subjects i would get a little help from the trabant community i would love to own one to restore with my brother one day.
  6. Trabant_Mike

Trabant_Mike Puttering Along

Fair enough. I understand where you're coming from, but you'll need to extend your budget a bit. I paid £450 for mine, and that was in the UK. For one already in the US, or imported from the EU, you're going to need a lot more. Keep an eye on eBay, here and mobile.de.
  7. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

Not trying to make any enemies but why not just post in the wanted section that you were interested in buying a Trabant instead of posting it to various posts? Reason being this forum get's hit from spammers from time to time and it just reminds me of a SPAM post. Sorry.
  8. Braxton

Braxton Newbie

Well I would appreciate any help from the trabant community. My dad was a master mechanic and this is something that keeps me and my brother close to him. Plus 200$ is what i have I'm still saving whale looking and what about all the stories on here about someone getting one in the United states for around 800$ with little to no rust.
  9. BillB

BillB Loyal Comrade Administrator Forum Donor

I just finished importing a car from Germany and I can promise you that I've looked high and low, far and wide searching through this forum (and the internet in general). I have never seen a $800 Trabant in any shape or form in the USA, let alone one with little to no rust. If I could have bought a car over here, I would have. I think you'll need to save a few more whales (I'd say at least $3k worth) before you'll start shopping.
  10. Braxton

Braxton Newbie

Im looking for any condition just completely rusted out. and i have read and heard i was possible to get a trabi for 800$ with little to no rust.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  11. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

a trabi with no rust!they must be parked next to the unicorns then, most trabis have some rust unless they have been restored
  12. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Even one that "needs work" if you find it in the US then somebody paid a couple thousand dollars to get it here. They're not likely to sell it for less than that.
  13. Braxton

Braxton Newbie

Im looking for completely rusted out so I can fill it up with epoxy then I'll cut away the old metal and rust leaving behind a epoxy trabant chassis to build on to. Or leave the metal so it could be a rat rod yeah that's the one.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  14. kev the builder

I saw a trabi which had almost completely rusted away there was only some very rusty holes,the duroplast panels were hanging off it looked like a clowns car falling apart
  15. Braxton

Braxton Newbie

Sounds interesting can you find more on this trabi. Maybe pictures and location
  16. kev the builder

It's beyond repair it was 18months ago near Ely Lincolnshire in the uk
  17. Braxton

Braxton Newbie

Ok thanks i appreciate your time and help bro