1. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

qcar1.jpg
    What is it? Could it have been a taxi?
    Justin likes this.
  2. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Very cool find! GAZ M21 Volga. Mail it home!
  3. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I doubt that either of them will ever move again. Were they used as taxis in the DDR? One person said that they were. I never paid attention and only ever rode Schwarztaxi, you know, not a taxi at all but for hire for a ride. There were always some cars waiting at the train stations in DDR cities with a driver just sitting there. I never had one refuse me a ride for a few DM.
  4. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

IMG_4870.JPG IMG_4871.JPG IMG_4872.JPG IMG_4873.JPG This Moskvich is a daily driver. Now that is my genre of driving. Also seen in Greiz. I love those screws in the M.
    Justin and Wartburg353W like this.
  5. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Note the similarity of the grille/headlights of the Moskvitch and the Wartburg 353. But this guy must be driving where it's dark! Look at all those road lights! Hey come to look at it, even the horizontal taillights are similar to Wartburg. And it is the exact same rearview mirror. Thanks for the nice pics.
  6. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I thought you would like them too. I found another car but it wasn't in Greiz. Maybe I will post it in other cars. Should this Moskvich go there too?
  7. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

That is a really cool car. I second bringing them back.