1. Thinsid

Thinsid Loyal Comrade

Greetings All!

Not being in a position to have a real East German Classic, I collect models of DDR cars. Mostly 1/43 scale but have two 1/18 Trabant saloons and a few 1/87 (HO) cars.
    Does anyone else collect model cars??

Colin, glad the Kubel's ok!

Best Wishes.
  2. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

I collect model cars too. Mostly the 1/18th scale. I have about 25 models and have pretty much run out of places to put them.
  3. paulymx

paulymx Leader

I have a collection of 1/43 cars. Mostly German machines of the 50s and microcars. I have blue and white Trabant Kombi
  4. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

I wouldn't even know where to find those.
  5. Comrade-Paul

Comrade-Paul Newbie

I have a massive collection of Eastern Bloc cars & trucks.
  6. John Keane

John Keane Comrade

i was thinking about this as well. i dont know where to get any other than on the web. i guess they would come from germany?....i have seen that Revell model cars makes a 601. but, it seemed they are only sold in germany? am i correct on all this??
  7. paulymx

paulymx Leader

8. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I do have a few. I recently was gifted an HO Trabant which is available as a kit in Kindueberraschung Eggs. I think. I could try to photograph it. Eric
  9. Sjacob

Sjacob Puttering Along

I got this tiny 1/43 scale model 601 for christmas this year, I'm amazed by the details on these tiny models! (e.g. speedometer)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It is so small that it is hard to take a picture without a proper camera!
  10. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

I got that one for Christmas too. Mine is still in the original packaging.
  11. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Those are great looking. Was that detail done by hand? Speaking of hand made, I will also try to post a picture, eventually, of a tin can Trabant, made in Africa, according to the Africa store in the lipstick of the Kaiser Willhelm Gedechniskiirche in Berlin. Has anyone else seen one of these? Eric
  12. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I have pics of the candy egg Trabant model kit, the African tin can Trabant, and two gum eraser Trabants. Someone please tell me how to upload a picture to this. I don't get it.
  13. paulymx

paulymx Leader

I think there is a guide to posting pics in the general section of the forum.
    You can't actually post the pictures on the forum itself. You need to save them somewhere else online and then link them into the post.
    I use Picasaweb, which a Google account. There are many other similar web services out there. I think you can use Flickr too but I've not used that.
    If using Picasaweb you can upload pics into albums there and then open the photo you want to use. On the bottom right hand panel you'll see the word "Link". Click that and there will be a series of options and highlighted fields.
    Click the tick box "photo only" (or something like that.. I can't remember the exact words) and chose a picture scale. I find 640 or 800 pixels is about right for the forum.
    There will be a box with a line of code in it. Click the box and it should automatically highlight the whole code string. Right click and copy the string.
    Then back in the forum, click "Img" and it will come up with this
    If you right click now it will paste the string in between the brackets.
    Click preview at the bottom of the page to check it has worked.

Well, that's a round about way of explaining it!
  14. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Hi Paul, Thanks for that description. I will give it a try. what the heck is all of that reklama that got on this strand? Can that be deleted? it is really irritating. do you see those long posts in here?
    will try to get the pics in here todayh
    eric
  15. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

16. bttw

bttw Owner, Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator