1. Ron

Ron Premium Member Forum Donor

Ebay here in the UK seems to be really strong for Trabbies just lately, I was sorely tempted by a beautiful white and orange Kombi from Ireland last week, wondered if it was known to us here? Anyway, here's this week's crop, how many Man From U.N.C.L.E cars are there?!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRABANT-P...195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae7d9890b

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/classic-t...183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4a5c7a07

This Kombi would be my choice, nice honest car with the welding done...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1981-Trab...632?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4ec48dc8

Good job (for my marriage/bank balance) I'm so far north, or I'd have a fleet! I would really love to get a stash of used spares together, especially an engine, as I feel a wee bit out on a limb here in northern Scotland. Nothing compared to you American types though... must be a long wait for spares out there!

Cheers all, Ron.
  2. Austinpowers

Austinpowers Loyal Comrade

That kombi has been on eBay a lot over the last couple of years. Makes you wonder if there's something not right with it.
  3. Ron

Needs a good home, here with me and mine for company!
  4. Cold-War-Charlie

Cold-War-Charlie Von Trabi Forum Donor

The orange and white one sold to someone in the UK and he is proudly showing it on the Eastern Bloc cars page on FB
    Ron likes this.
  5. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

I've seen that orange and white one up close, it's a beaut, Mark (the PO) looked for ages before getting it.
  6. Ron

Aye, I've just been looking on FB. I'd be like a kid at Christmas waiting to get my hands on that!
  7. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

Ron likes this.
  8. Ron

9. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

Simply dont tell her, and get one. :)

Way easyer to pe forgiven than getting permission. :)

My mom asked me to find some old tires for the scout's to make a swing set, so i got four tires, complete with car and everything. :)
    Ron and vdubbin like this.
  10. Trabi Tim

Trabi Tim Newbie

I saw some of these while I was looking over the winter.

The first one was quite tidy but unregistered when I saw it. The hycomat put me off a little as I didn't quite understand it and thought that it'd just be something else to go wrong!

I think there were about 10+ Trabants used for the Man from UNCLE film and I think most were owned by one person. Unfortunately I missed out when they first went on Ebay and by the time I got there I wasn't that impressed w2ith what was left. What I saw had definitely been abused by the film production team and needed a fair amount of work to get back into shape. I also thought that the owner wanted too much for them.
  11. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Loyal Comrade

they are like not an everyday car that you see on the road anywhere ( unless your driving one =0) )