1. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Here's my newest acquisition: '65 Chevelle Malibu 4 door sedan 6 cyl. I like the car because it has classic good looks like an American car should, but it's a very low-option car intended for basic transportation for the masses. This car is incredibly straight and original right down to the interior. I actually think the Chevelle looks better in the sedan body style, and it is very similar to the top-of-the-line Opel Admiral. My car's only options are the Malibu trim package and a two-speed air-cooled automatic transmission. No power brakes or steering, not even a radio. It has a beautiful smooth quiet ride. I am performing minor repairs while I drive it. I could have gotten antique car registration, but since I already have my two Wartburgs tagged as antiques, I chose standard passenger car plates and it passed the state safety inspection with flying colors.

Attached Files:

trabant601 and Justin like this.
  2. Keri

Keri Leader

Cool! Looks like a great car.
    My Grampa had a similarly-equipped '66.
    The "Powerglide" sometimes known as "Powerslide" transmission was known for its durability.
    It was also one of the old-school auto transmissions that still had a rear pump, (up to 66) meaning the car could be push-started!
    Wartburg353W likes this.
  3. Justin

Justin Founder Moderator

I like it!
  4. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Keri you're right, I was very surprised to read in the owner's manual "instructions for push starting" - also it is air cooled. No transmission lines to the radiator.